Pediatric Dentist In Burke, VA – Dr. David Treff
Dr. David Treff has spent many years acquiring the knowledge and training necessary to assure that your child will receive superb, quality restorative and preventive dentistry. Dr. Treff’s extensive education combined with the most advanced high tech equipment have him recognized as a leading pediatric dentist in Burke and the surrounding communities. He thrives on the challenge of changing the outlook of infants, children and teens from apprehension to one of confidence.
Dr. David Treff’s journey to Pediatric Dentistry of Burke began with the study of medicine and surgery, and upon completion of his undergraduate degree and certificate studies, Dr. Treff assisted surgeons at regional hospitals in Western Washington and the Puget Sound.
Dr. David Treff completed his predoctoral dental education at NYUCD. During his time at NYUCD, Dr. Treff participated in Honors Special Patient Care and Pediatric Dentistry, and he was twice privileged to represent his university and travel abroad to provide dental care to underserved children in Songea, Tanzania and Copan, Honduras.
For his postdoctoral education, Dr. Treff studied at Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center where he became a certified pediatric dentist. In addition to his studies, he was again privileged to represent his program and provide dental care to communities in Fort Yukon and Venetie, Alaska.
In addition to his education, Dr. Treff spent countless hours in residency and private practice, which allowed him to enhance his skills, especially when it comes to providing oral conscious sedation. All of his education and training has prepared him to provide exceptional care to all of his patients and Dr. Treff is passionate about providing care to patients with special health care needs.
Dr. Treff is a Diplomate of the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry and a member of several distinguished organizations, including the American Academy of Pediatric Dentists and the American Academy of Pediatricians.
When Dr. Treff is out of the office, he uses his experience and knowledge to help others. He currently serves as guest faculty at New York University College of Dentistry’s (NYUCD) Global Outreach Program, and as a volunteer member of the INOVA Cleft Lip and Palate team where he also maintains hospital credentials.
Dr. Treff is married to Dr. Christine Karapetian, and they are proud parents of Sosi and Masis Treff. Dr. Treff has a passion for all things LEGO. In his spare time, Dr. Treff enjoys cooking, studying BJJ, and following the Bayou Bengals’ (LSU) football program. Geaux Tigers!!!
- Member, American Academy of Pediatricians | 2013-present
- Member, Maryland Academy of Pediatric Dentistry | 2013-present
- Member, Virginia Society of Pediatric Dentistry | 2013-present
- Member, Northern Virginia Dental Association | 2012-present
- Member, Southeastern Society of Pediatric Dentistry | 2012-present
- Member, American Dental Association | 2008-present
- Member, American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry | 2008-present
- Member, New Orleans Dental Association | 2009-2010
- Member, Louisiana Dental Association | 2008-2010
- Member, NYUCD Korean Dental Association | 2004-2008
- Member, Certified Surgical Technologist National Registry | 1998-2004
- Virginia State Board of Dentistry | 2012-present
- Maryland State Board of Dentistry | 2013-2015
- District of Columbia Board of Dentistry | 2012-2013
- Georgia State Board of Dentistry | 2010-2012
- Louisiana State Board of Dentistry | 2008-2010
- Virginia Living Top Dentist – 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Northern Virginia Top Dentist – 2014, 2015
- Washington Consumer’s Checkbook Top Dental Specialist -2016
- Consumer’s Research Council of America Top Dentist – 2018
- Washingtonian Top Dentist – 2017, 2019